Hadoop PIG Part I
- What is and Why Pig?
- Executing Pig
- Pig Latin concepts
- Pig Latin script: operators & functions
- Pig Latin script: structure
- Pig Latin relational operators
- Pig examples
What is and Why Apache Pig?
- Apache Pig is a platform for analyzing large data sets and is made of
- Pig Latin: a high-level, data flow, scripting language for expressing data analysis
- Pig runtime: infrastructure for evaluating these scripts
- Pig scripts written in Pig Latin are automatically converted into MapReduce jobs by the Pig runtime
- Pig scripts are much easier to create and run than MapReduce code
- Designed to be used by data analysts without the help of MapReduce Java developers
- Pig is widely used as an alternative to MapReduce
- Extensively used in Yahoo, LinkedIn, Twitter, NetFlix, etc
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.