- Why “Web Performance”?
- We're getting used to the web as a tool for our day-today tasks
- We all want a nice user experience
- We won't tolerate slow pages (we have options)
- 500 ms slower = 20% drop in traffic (Google)
- 100 ms slower = 1% drop in sales (Amazon)
Web Performance Best Practices
- Optimize caching
- Minimize round trip times
- Minimize request overhead
- Minimize payload size
- Optimize browser rendering
- PageSpeed from Google
- YSlow from Yahoo
You must have an active subscription to download PDF and Lab Zip of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.